Join Our Team. We are here for you.
The Burnaby Safe House provides second-stage shelter in a safe, confidential residence for abused women and for vulnerable pregnant women. We offer emotional, spiritual and practical support, and referrals to community agencies.
Our room & board accommodation has capacity for up to four women and their children. Duration may be short term (weeks) or long term (up to six months). Pregnant clients are eligible to stay for the duration of their pregnancy and an additional two months. Directed by live-in caregivers.
- Adult women and their children only
- Non-abusive significant others may visit (if approved by caregivers)
- No drugs, alcohol or smoking on premises
- Participation in family life, community meals and household chores
- Personal goal: independence